Having the correct uniform is all part of the ‘belonging to the Leedstown School family’ process: children know they belong to our school community and this gives them a shared identity. There is no uniform for our preschool children.
We are rightly proud of the standard of uniform at Leedstown School, as you are very supportive as parents, in ensuring our standards are maintained and our children look smart at all times.
Uniform with the school logo can be purchased from Trophy Textiles in their shop (address below) or on their website https://www.trophytextiles.co.uk/
Unit 2D, Pool Business Park, Dudnance Ln, Pool, Redruth TR15 3QW
Our School Uniform Comprises of:
· Navy V-necked sweater, fleece or cardigan with school logo (Non- logo plain fleeces, jumpers or cardigans are not acceptable)
· Red polo shirt with school logo are preferred (plain red polo tops are acceptable)
· Charcoal skirt, charcoal school trousers (no leggings/jeans) or charcoal shorts
· Red gingham (checked) summer dress
· Black or grey socks
· Navy tights
· Bookbag – needed for reception and year 1
· Black sensible functional shoes - No flashing lights and no trainers please.
PE (Kits to remain on pegs everyday of the week)
· Red T-shirt with school logo
· Black shorts or jogging bottoms
· Plain navy sweatshirt (no logo)
· Black or grey socks
· PE shoes (plain black trainers or plimsoles are preferred)
· Named water bottle
· Pencil cases are not necessary as we provide all stationery required by the children
Wider uniform expectations:
All children MUST bring a coat to school each day (except in warm weather). The weather can be very variable but we still take children out to play when it is raining and we want to spend lots of time learning outdoors.
All hair (boys and girls) should be of a natural colour and if longer than shoulder length MUST be tied back every day to avoid children being distracted from learning and for health and safety reasons. Hair that is tied back must have minimal “accessories” (not fancy headbands) as these can be distracting for children.
Children are not allowed to wear jewellery such as necklaces and bracelets / friendship bands to school for health and safety reasons and to ensure good handwashing. Where earrings are worn they must be of a stud type and must be taken out / covered up for PE lessons. Fitness Trackers, that can connect to the internet, are not allowed to be worn by pupils in school as these present a safeguarding risk for pupils.
Please Note: Nail polish, make up, temporary tattoos, hair braiding, glitter decorations etc., are not suitable for school and we ask that all are removed from skin / hair before coming to school the next morning or after a holiday where these have been used.
Our PTA run second hand uniform sales throughout the year. If you would like to donate uniform at the end of this school year so that other families may benefit from the clothes, that your child has outgrown, it would be very much appreciated.